Setting up FactoryTalk Activation Manager with Codemeter for network server and clients
The CodeMeter licenses require CodeMeter Server to be configured as Network Server. If the Server machine is not allowed to perform as one, licenses stored on it will not appear on the client machines.
Before following any solution below please make sure that:
- The server and client can ping each other. If not, please contact your IT to establish connection between them.
- The Path to Activations in FactoryTalk Activation Manager on the client features server IP address or server computer name. If not, please follow QA8630 - FactoryTalk Activation Manager and Float Activations .
Note: Make sure that there is no port number (e.g. email@example.com) in front of the IP address or host name - it can corrupt the CodeMeter license sharing.
- You have FactoryTalk Activation Manager version 4.03.03 or higher installed on both machines. If the revision is lower than 4.03.03 please upgrade the FactoryTalk Activation Manager to this or a higher version - you can follow IN2212 - Free Rockwell Software Download .
Note: You can also change the type of license to Flexera - see IN9769 - CodeMeter and Flexera activations compatibility and differences to check which license is activating as Flexera type.
Keep in mind the following considerations when sharing licenses with other users in the network:
- You must configure your network to allow the communication between devices that need to share the license privileges:
- Both computers need to be configured so that both TCP and UDP ports 22350 are set to open.
- You must be able to ping computers both ways.
- Open FactoryTalk Activation Manager and go to Advanced --> Configure CodeMeter Server.
- Check the box next to Run Network Server and select Apply.
Note: If you cannot check Run Network Server make sure that the Close Server Port is unchecked.
- In FactoryTalk Activation Manager on both server and client machines in the Advanced tab go to Refresh This Server --> Refresh Server.
- When the server state is Running go to Manage Activations --> Find Available Activations --> Refresh Activations. Your license should appear in the box.
Note: RSLogix version 20.05 is the lowest version that can be activated using the CodeMeter license.
- Setup Client PC to find Server by using IP address of server or DHCP name