PowerFlex 750-Series Configuration and Startup
Course Number - CCA182
Course Number - CCA182
Upon completing this course, given a wired PowerFlex® 750-Series drive (PowerFlex 753 or PowerFlex 755) and AC motor, you can properly install the drive, start up the drive, and configure drive parameters to meet application-specific needs. Throughout the course, you will have the chance to use a variety of hardware and software tools, including:
- The A6 LCD HIM
- Connected Components Workbench™ software
- DriveExecutive™ software
After each demonstration, you will be given exercises with extensive hands-on practice using a PowerFlex 753 or PowerFlex 755 drive. This two-day course can be taken as a standalone course, or it can be taken in conjunction with other courses in the PowerFlex 7-Class curriculum to further broaden skills development.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who need to configure and start up PowerFlex 750-Series drives.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Working knowledge of electricity and knowledge of electrical and industrial safety (including PPE requirements and safe practices).
- Completion of the AC/DC Motors and Drives Fundamentals course (Course No. CCA101) or Fundamentals of AC and DC Motors and Drives Web-based training (ePass/WBT1PACK) or equivalent experience
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate students' learning experiences, the following materials are provided to each student as part of the course package:
- Student Manual - Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities.
- Lab Book - Provides learning activities and hands-on practice. Solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback.
- PowerFlex 750-Series AC Drives Programming Manual - Source of drive parameters and other key data. Contains frequently referenced programming documentation.
- PowerFlex 750-Series AC Drives Installation Instructions - Source for the basic steps for mechanical installation and for connecting incoming power, the motor, and basic I/O
- Wiring and Grounding Guidelines for Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) AC Drives - Provides basic information to install, protect, wire, and ground PWM AC drives
Throughout this course, you can practice the skills you have learned through various hands-on exercises using either an ABT-TDPF755CLS or ABT-TDPF753CLS workstation. Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson.
Next Learning Level
Once you understand the topics and the skills covered in this course, you may want to attend other PowerFlex 750-Series drive training, such as PowerFlex 750-Series Configuration for an Integrated Architecture System course (Course No. CCA184).
This is a two-day course.
- Verifying the PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Installation Environment
- Verifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Wiring and Grounding
- Locating and Modifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Data Using the A6 HIM
- Configuring EtherNet/IP Communications for a PowerFlex 750-Series Drive
- Locating and Modifying PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Data Using Drive Software
- Starting Up a PowerFlex 750-Series Drive
- Interpreting PowerFlex 750-Series Control Block Diagrams
- Controlling PowerFlex 750-Series Drive Operation