Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 2: Basic Ladder Logic Programming
Course Number - CCP151
Course Number - CCP151
This skill-building course provides you with the resources and hands-on practice required to program basic ladder logic instructions for any Logix5000 controller. You will have an opportunity to use the Logix Designer application to perform basic software tasks to meet the requirements of a given functional specification. In addition, you will set up a sequencer to run equipment through a predefined procedure and separate production procedure from equipment control.
Who Should Attend
Programmers with little or no working experience with controllers are responsible for programming Logix5000 controllers using the Logix Designer application. Those who need to learn how to draft ladder logic for any application should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Completion of the Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix System Fundamentals course (Course No. CCP146) or equivalent experience
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft® Windows® tasks, such as using a mouse, browsing for files, opening, closing, sizing, and moving windows)
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate your learning experience, the following materials are provided to each student as part of the course package:
- Student Manual - Contains the topical outlines and exercises. Used to follow presentations, take notes, and work through exercises
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer and Logix5000 Fundamentals Procedures Guide - Provides the steps required to complete basic software tasks that are common to all Logix5000 hardware platforms.
- Logix5000 Documentation Reference Guide - Contains frequently referenced technical documentation. Searchable, electronic resource
Throughout this course, you will be able to practice the skills learned through various hands-on exercises.
Next Learning Level
After completing this training, you may be interested in one or more of the following courses:
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 3: Project Development (Course No. CCP143)
- DeviceNet and RSNetWorx Configuration and Troubleshooting (Course No. CCP164)
- ControlNet and RSNetWorx Configuration and Troubleshooting (Course No. CCP174)
This is a two-day course.
- Starting a Ladder Diagram
- Testing a Ladder Diagram
- Programming Timer Instructions
- Programming Compare Instructions
- Programming Move Instructions
- Programming Math Instructions
- Programming Counter Instructions
- Handling Expressions
- Documenting and Searching Ladder Logic
- Programming a Procedure
- Separating the Procedure from Equipment Control
- Copying and Filling an Array