Process Control - PlantPAx System Design and Configuration
Course Number - PRC201
Course Number - PRC201
This course introduces the core components of a PlantPAx® distributed control system, including system architecture, configuration, alarms, and security.
During this course, you will focus on designing and configuring a PlantPAx system and learn how to:
- Define and procure a PlantPAx process automation system
- Create process control applications with the PlantPAx library of add-on instructions, faceplates, and process strategies
- Create interactive displays for operator workstations, including alarms
- Secure a PlantPAx system
- Verify a PlantPAx system
Upon completing this course, you should be able to design, configure, and secure a PlantPAx application.
Who Should Attend
System Integrators, Field Support Engineers, Remote Support Engineers, Distributors, Domain Experts, and Engineers with entry-level experience to PlantPAx or those new to PlantPAx with a background in automated process control and Rockwell Automation products should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix® System Fundamentals (Course Number CCP146) and
- FactoryTalk® View SE Programming (Course Number CCV207) or
- Practical work experience with process applications, ControlLogix systems and programming, and FactoryTalk View SE applications
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate the student's learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual - Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course.
- Lab Book - Provides learning activities and hands-on practice. Solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback.
- The following PlantPAx Documentation: - PlantPAx Distributed Control System Selection Guide (PROCES-SG001), PlantPAx Distributed Control System Configuration and Implementation User Manual (PROCES-UM100), Rockwell Automation Library of Process Objects: Configuration and Usage Reference Manual (PROCES-RM002), PlantPAx Distributed Control System Verification and Troubleshooting User Manual (PROCES-UM004), New 5.0 NG Library Reference Manual (PROCES-RM200), Rockwell Automation Process HMI Style Guide (PROCES-WP023), Studio 5000 Application Code Manager User Manual (LOGIX-UM003)
Throughout this course, you will be able to practice the skills you have learned through various hands-on exercises. To complete the exercises, you will use a VMware image designed to simulate a real production facility. You will practice designing and configuring the system.
This is a four-and-a-half-day course.
- Defining and Procuring a PlantPAx Distributed Control System
- Defining a PlantPAx Distributed Control System Architecture Using the PlantPAx System Estimator
- Developing a PlantPAx Distributed Control System Application Using Studio 5000® Application Code Manager
- Creating Control Strategies for a PlantPAx Application Using the Rockwell Automation® Library of Process Objects
- Integrated Practice: Creating Control Strategies and HMI Faceplates for a PlantPAx Application and Configuring Area-Based Security
- Configuring Area-Based Security for a PlantPAx Application
- Developing a PlantPAx HMI Application Using the Rockwell Automation Library of Process Objects and Tools
- Configuring Alarms for a PlantPAx Application
- Configuring a Sequencer in a PlantPAx Application
- Verifying an Application Using PlantPAx System Checklists